Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 7



I have the privilege of working with two of my best friends. It's pretty awesome, because we all live fairly close to each other so we can roll into (and out of) work almost every day together. We also get to have lunch together. It's quite nice.

On one particular day going home, Brandon found Jobu in the parking lot. Jobu is this wooden African looking figure that we call Jobu because she kind of reminds us of the voodoo doll that (pre-24 President Palmer) Dennis Haysbert's character worshipped in Major League. You know, Jobu! As in, "Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come." or "I stick up for you Jobu. You no help me now...I say f*** you Jobu. I do it myself."

Anyway, Jobu had been sitting at Brandon's desk in front of me since he was filling in for a lady on maternity leave. She came back on Monday and threw Jobu in a box and then found herself in a shitstorm. Never piss off Jobu.

Today, Brandon got his own desk on the other side of the office. For the transition though, Jobu sat at my desk for safe keeping. Yes, I'm Catholic, and I do love Jesus, but today, Jobu felt like such a good luck charm, since I got through most of the crap I needed to do AND was able to finish on time to leave early! So yay! Tankyouuuu Jobu! :)

1 comment: