Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25: from Mom, with love

My moms is an easily distracted woman. She can forget the things you say to her (several times, really) even a minute or two after having told her; she sometimes calls in the middle of a conversation with another person because she thought of something to ask, but then she'll get distracted with the person in front of her while she's on the phone with the other person; she sometimes tells the same story or joke over and over again but can't remember who she's told already so you get a repeat... She just gets caught up in so many things because there is just so much going on...

I won't lie: sometimes, I feel as though I get lost in the mix of the chaos. Between taking care of her husband (my daddy!) and her mom (my grandma!) and having two children who have five of her grandkids between them, I sometimes feel a little bit like she can forget about me *snap* just like that...

But then I get days like today, where I get a random package in the mail from her, and suddenly I feel not at all like I've been forgotten.... and they sure are random! That may be my fault, really, as she'll call me a week before she's sending them out to ask me what I want, and I won't be able to think of a thing, and so she's gotta think it up herself and she'll just put whatever in there that she thinks I may be able to use or something that I need. I actually quite like it like that. Even better, she usually doesn't use bubble wrap. Instead, she'll use ziploc bags or drawer liners so that I can even use those! So smart! I love when she uses the ziploc bags! It means I don't have to buy them!

My mom is amazing. She's got a lot going on right now that she has to worry about, and I should be the furthest thing from her mind... and yet, today proves that even with all the problems and worries and issues she has to take care of in such a short span of time, I'm definitely not that far away from her mind and heart...

This is just one reason, how I know, with my heart's ass kicking and all, that I am still so lucky to live the life that I have...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment