Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1



It's the beginning of the new year, and thus the start of my Project 365... I got home early this morning from ringing in the new year with some really good friends, and am just spending the rest of today laying low so the year's first picture is coming from the wee early hours of the day...

I decided I want to start (and subsequently end) the year with myself, so I took a crap load of self portraits when I got home early this morning, and have only just looked them over now...

It turns out that choosing one picture to represent your day is a lot harder than it looks. On one hand, I wanted to post one where I'm smiling to signify my hopefulness... but ultimately decided on this one (mostly because I closed my eyes and pointed, at the suggestion of a friend, but also) to remind me that while it's okay to look back, I don't have to let the past rule my life... Plus, it makes me feel like I'm giving 2009 the stink eye. hahah

This might sound stupid now that I've gone and typed it, but I woke up this morning and felt like 2010 was different. Last year was only several hours ago, so it really couldn't possibly be all that different, but it felt like it. It feels like it. Maybe it's a state of mind and completely retarded and maybe it won't last forever, but it really does feel like a whole new year; a clean slate that is full of promise.

I don't know who will start reading this, if there will be anyone, but just in case...

Happy New Year!

Here is to new beginnings, living life, and seeing the beauty in everything.

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are stronger at the broken places."
-Ernest Hemingway

2 comments:

  1. Joycie,
    I'm right there with you. This is day one, and the possibilities for the future are as endless as our drive and imagination. Lets make sure that we give it our all. That way, come 2011, we can look back and smile, instead of giving 2010 the stink eye!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome project! I feel inspired.... :-)

    ReplyDelete