Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 26: Caught orange handed

I used to never want to be tan when I was younger and had the sun at my fingertips... It wasn't until I stopped having that privilege did I start wanting my "sunkissed" look. Or rather, I just didn't want to keep looking like I was jaundiced or something. The Asian version of pasty, I guess.

A few years back, I discovered that lotion that gradually builds a nice little glow to your skin while moisturizing it... I rediscovered it at the Duane Reade a few weeks back and yesterday, decided to try it again. Dove Energy Glow. So I put some on my legs, and then some on my arms, and then one more time on my legs because my skin was super dry... Well... I didn't realize how much self tanner was in there, and kind of forgot to wash my hands afterwards, and now the palms of my hands are orange. It's kind of embarrassing, but also kind of funny. I told one guy at work today of my little mishap, and he kept waving to me every time we passed at work, and I am generally a really friendly person who waves to everyone, except I forgot that my palms were super orange and so gave him orange palmed waves all day, to which he kept cracking up about.

Glad I could make someone smile today...

Not sure you can see it so well in the picture, and I did scrub my hands pretty hard...


No comments:

Post a Comment