Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 11



It was freezing cold today, but I found myself on 42nd street after running errands and on my way to the F stop on 42nd street I thought I'd take take in the beauty of Bryant Park. One of the best things about New York is that even in this vast city with buildings, you can find nature and it's still so amazing. More so because it's in an urban setting... Makes me love New York even more...

Even though I moved here when I was seventeen and went to school here for four years, I feel like I didn't really get to know New York City all too well until I got out of my NYU bubble and moved back here from Japan... There were so many places I left unexplored because I was too busy working my part time job and trying to make sure I graduated. I think as much as I said I loved the city, I think I loved it blindly-- not knowing what I was in love with, but only for the idea of it.

I'm trying now to get to know it better so that I can love it with my eyes open...

No comments:

Post a Comment