Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 20: Early morning musings on the J train



I had a hard time picking today's picture. Not because I took a lot, I really only took about five shots today, and they were all taken within seconds of each other... But I just couldn't decide. I think I settled on this one because when I look at it, it makes me feel like I was holding the camera and the world popped out; like I was holding all of that in and sharing it once I pushed down on the shutter; like I had all that possibility... Tired as I was at 645 in the morning riding the train into work because I didn't have a ride today and missed meeting Brandon and the earlier train by a minute, it was incredible to see that kind of beauty just rushing past me on the J train. I love that time in between where the night ends and the morning begins... it's peaceful, and reminds me that the day is new and filled with possibility; that every day is like that. We rush everyday; going through the motions of work and our day to day routines makes it so easy to take for granted that each day we wake up is another gift; a new chance at life...

"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"
-Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment