Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18: My sister, the creamer addict





I love how my sister always (either intuitively or just incidentally) picks the best times ever to call me. And I say this with absolutely no sense of sarcasm or wiseassery at all. I heard some news today that, while not at all surprising, still hit me as hard as if I had never seen it coming at all. Kind of like expecting a punch in the face only to be punched in the stomach or something...

Anyway. I was at the pathmark with my cousins (two of the best ones ever!) buying more ice cream than I am even capable of eating, wallowing a little bit, when my sister called.

Grace lives in Korea now with her family, and is suffering withdrawal from Italian creme creamer. Hahahah "All they have is vanilla and hazelnut, I'm being tortured out here with crappy coffee!!" My sister has done a lot of awesome things for me over the years, but nothing compares to the comfort and support she's given me this past year. It is something she does freely, without fail, and a lot of times, without even realizing that she is saving me. For this, against the protests of her husband, I have willingly decided to be her coffee creamer dealer. I'm such an enabler.

Anything for the sister I adore.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment