Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 22 -- Stranger #3: Dave

Meet Dave.



Dave works at my cousin's condo building's valet service. I don't know if it's kind of cheating to ask the valet guys to talk to me, since they work at my cousin's building, but I did make sure to pick someone who had never seen or talked to me.

It was kind of tough to ask Dave to talk to me; he was a little reluctant; probably because it IS kind of a weird request to ask someone to talk to you just for a little bit. But he was nice enough to oblige.

From Union City but of Ecuadorian descent, Dave is a nice guy who works this job part time. You know, just a little extra moneys on the side. He's thinking of quitting sometime soon though so he has more down time to dance salsa and stuff. He works his regular job as a truck driver for the sanitation department. Cool stuff, I'd never met a truck driver before... He says he's not too fond of smiling for pictures, but thankfully, he let me take one...

I've noticed that I have an easier time asking guys to come talk to me... I wonder if that's because I don't know how to approach a girl without her thinking I'm weird. hahah Maybe it's something to work up to... For now, I'm just going to stick it out with whoever I end up getting the courage to talk to and be happy with that... If they're going to be all guys though, maybe I should at least fix my face...

No comments:

Post a Comment