Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 179: I hate goodbyes



Devin and Yuko leave tomorrow so we said our goodbyes tonight. Super sad face. :(

I find that I have a huge problem with separation. It's soooo easy for me to get used to having company around again but then I get seriously sad and have a hard time getting used to life after they've left. I have never stayed in one place for longer than three or four years since I left Guam in 2001, and all that time has always had me separated from people who are important to me. There is just no shortage of people for me to miss. You would think this has me desensitized and not at all sad every time I get to visit with loved ones only to have them leave. But you would think wrong. :(

Each time I say goodbye to someone I love makes me feel just as sad as if I had never done it the time before. I hate separation! hahah

I can't tell you how much more awesome life would be if I had all the people I loved most in the world all in one place. Friends, family... everyone! I sort of selfishly hate that people's dreams take them to far off places and away from me. But at the same time, I realize it is hypocritical of me to think so, since I've gone my own path as well...

Life is that way, I suppose. It takes you to different places and lets you cross paths with different people. Some are just there for scenery's sake; some are there simply to teach you lessons you need to learn at that point in time only to leave soon after; and still some others (if you're lucky) become a part of your life forever, no matter the time or the distance that passes...

I'm lucky enough to have a lot of people in my life that I think will be part of it forever... Devin and Yuko are two such awesome people. I talk a lot about how lucky I feel, and sometimes worry that it gets redundant, but I hope I never take for granted the joy I feel at how good life has been to me...

Now...if only I could see the people I love more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment