Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 177: Reunited and it feels so good!!

It's been almost five years since I graduated from college and moved to Japan to teach English for three years; five years since my life took such a drastic turn; five years since I first met my boys.

Rich, Brandon, and Devin, who, in such a short amount of time have become such an important part of my life and helped shaped the person I've become (they like to brag that they've trained me well... which... may kind of be true).

That first year we all spent in Japan together seems to have had a huge impact on all our lives. That was the year Rich and Brandon pretty much figured out they would be BFFs (heehee); that was the start of my world expanding; and that was the year Devin met his wife Yuko who would eventually end up being one of my best friends. It was an awesome year...

We only had that one year all together, since Devin moved to China after his year was up, and though I've seen everyone several times over the past few years, it's never been at the same time. Until today.



I can't even explain the joy I felt to be in that room today with so many of my favorite people in the room. And to be able to sing the songs we used to sing and to have that many of my karaoke partners gathered together in one place (between Luca, Devin, AND Yuko... it was like... heaven is an all you can sing karaoke marathon with all awesome people!) and to hear songs I hadn't heard in such a long time... My head could have exploded from sheer contentment at that point in time.

The awesomeness in that room and in my life never ceases to amaze me.

love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment