Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 178: how I've missed my girl

Yukorin. My girl.

Brief history: Rich had introduced Yuko to Devin in 2005 who then brought her into my life. I didn't hang out with her too much when Devin was in Nagano, but after he moved to China, the both of us had kept each other company because we missed D so much and have been great friends since.

I can't imagine what life would be like if Yuko and I hadn't become friends. I probably wouldn't be sitting here, in Rich's living room, typing this, listening with a smile in my face and the best feeling of love and contentment as some of my most favorite people in the world play "Don't Stop Believing."

I don't know if I know anyone as balls-out-determined, courageous, and passionate person as Yuko. The girl I met one night in Nagano over four years ago who spoke not one lick of English fell in love with our Devin and for him, she learned English, quit smoking cold turkey, moved to a different continent and basically did everything in her power to be with him. And she did it with grace and a lovely smile on her face...

She inspires me to believe that we can do anything we want, if we want it enough...

Loving that we get to spend some time together again, so far from where we had met, after so many years...



Told you I surround myself with awesome people... How lucky am I!!!

love love love


-- 自分のiPhoneから発送する

No comments:

Post a Comment