Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 59: Joyce vs. Rockefeller Center

Today, I did the MS Climb to the Top event at Rockefeller Center. I did it last year, and it was such a good experience that I thought I'd try my hand at it again. This year was with a little less enthusiasm last year though. Only two of my original twelve members of my team decided to join, and they were having trouble raising the minimum needed to climb; not to mention I just didn't seem to have the time or the energy to train...

It seemed a little tedious to have to wake up so early in the morning just to arbitrarily climb 66 flights of stairs... but... I figured I should press on. When you think about all the people who are afflicted with MS or any other decease that makes you incapable of doing minor things that we take for granted, you can't help but realize that every step we take, every move we make, every single day (I totally sang that entire line to the tune of "Every Breath You Take/"I'll Be Missing You" by Sting/Puff Daddy) is a blessing.

So I am proud to say that I conquered Rockefeller yet again. And this time, four minutes faster than I did last year. WHAT!!!! Not bad, considering I took the escalator pretty much every chance I got! ahaha

The elation I felt when I got to the top is captured pretty well with my cousin/teammate Cheryl, here:




She is soooo gonna end up on another MS pamphlet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment