Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 50: Strange but lucky chances...

Nights out with my friend Rosa are always interesting. She takes me to places I have never been to before, and it always ends up with me meeting new people and even finding things out about myself. Tonight was no different... though the events that transpired were quite fortuitous...

Rosa and I talk a lot; I think it's mostly because we play catch up after weeks of not seeing each other... There's always sooo much we've missed out on in just a short amount of time.

Anyway, we found it quite odd that just after we had been talking about hugs at a bar in Brooklyn, some guy plops down right next to us and has a shirt on that says, "Let's Hug It Out."

Thus I bring to you, Stranger #6: Justin.



He was quite buzzed when he came to talk to us, it seems. Either that, or he has ADD because he must have asked me the same questions over and over again and forgot the answer each time. He seemed nice enough, but since he wasn't exactly sober, I wouldn't be able to tell... but he talked a lot about soupy dumplings and how he needs to eat more Chinese food...

He wasn't the only instance of a serendipitous nature... when I was going home, I had considered getting into a car service limo, but we found a cab just passing through, and it turns out that my cab driving was this very interesting and very intuitive astrologer. He told me a lot of things that seem to correspond with issues I have been dealing with recently... Like realizing that only I can make myself happy, and once I really realize that, everything will fall into place... He told me to declutter my life and start thinking about what is important to me, and when I figure it out, I shouldn't care about what other people say or think. And he told me that I need to develop my intuition more to balance out my tendency to think too much and to not get caught up in the illusions of things... All very interesting stuff.

He wouldn't let me take a picture of him, but I think I'll remember him anyway...

The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that people are starting to cross my paths for a reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment