Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 41: Snow Day!

I woke up to a phone call from Rich this morning telling me that I could go back to bed because we wouldn't be able to get to work with all the snow that was falling outside. My very first snow day!

I've always loved snow. Even before I got to start enjoying it when I took up snowboarding. There's just something so pure and innocent about it. It blankets the world in white to make everything beautiful, and for even just a day, it makes everything feel new, like it's wiped the slate clean and given you a fresh start.

I finished something today that I had been working on and preoccupied with for a while now. I'm finally done, and suddenly, I feel the incredible lightness of being.

It made my twenty minute foray into the outside world to get some food all that more enjoyable...

Suddenly the world seems new again. Even for just a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment