Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 329: can't have Thanksgiving without a turkey...

...and in our family, any kind of turkey will do... including the tissue box turkey Matty made at school... since we didn't actually have a turkey at our feast...
...well, we did have turkey meatloaf! And it was delicious!

It's crazy to think that Thanksgiving is already here...which means Christmas is almost here...and then soon the new year... which means that this year is almost done! So much has changed for me... I have changed. I'll probably save the whole how-I've-changed or whatever post for closer to the new year... I probably won't even touch upon what I've learned yet either. Instead, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I guess I will stick to giving thanks! :)

This past year has been pretty crazy, and I feel very happy with myself that even though I gave myself time to be sad, I spent a lot of time celebrating life and being thankful for all the great things I DID have instead of focusing so much on what I thought I lost. On one hand, it was so difficult to deal with the heartbreak, but on the other hand, it was also difficult not to see all the blessings I had in my life. I have a lot!

I'm so thankful for each day I get to wake up and start the day. Sometimes, I want to sleep in longer and when I can't, I'm a little cranky, but on the whole, I'm happy to be alive and kicking. :) I get to sleep in a comfortable bed, and go to work (which is also a pain sometimes, but) that helps to keep me living a fairly comfortable life where I'm never hungry (at least not involuntarily).

I have a wonderful set of parents who've loved me and supported me in all that I do and in all that I am and they raised a set of awesome chilgren which means I also have an older brother and sister who love and support me in all that I do and that they expanded our family to include two amazing spouses (one for each of them, lol) and five ridiculously cute and fun kids... I don't think I could have asked for a better family even if I had tried...

I'm thankful for the people who stood by me to cheer me up and make me laugh and let me cry; for the ones who made life better by just being there. People I never had to explain myself to in order to be loved and accepted...

I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had this year to make life what it is: full of fun and surprises and new experiences....

And I'm thankful for the love I lost...because it prepared me for the love I found! My life is richer and fuller than I could have ever imagined because of it! I'm so lucky to be loved and to be happy and to have found someone who does nothing but continue to bring joy into my life, even from halfway around the world. I am continually amazed at how one person can love me for all that I am with all that he is without question, without fail, and completely without obligation.

I think of what I have and what I don't, and I am grateful for all of it....

I didn't need a day to be thankful. I need a whole life...:)

-- iPhoneから送信

No comments:

Post a Comment