Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 336: Happy biiiiirthday toooooo meeeeeee

Officially 27 now!



Holy cow. I don't really feel any different, but.. you know, I'm 27! That's getting way closer to 30!! Oh geez!

Like I mentioned back when I was 26 (sigh, I remember it just like it was yesterday...lol), I learned even more in my 26th year than I did in my 25th (which was a HUGE learning year for me), and I thought I want to continue the tradition that I seem to have started for myself last year and write about a few of the things I've learned this year.

1) Happiness isn't a destination. It's a state of being. (which kind of makes the phrase "Road to Joy" sort of inaccurate, I suppose...though it kind of still IS a road to get to joy...the process is the road...I guess...)
2) Wallowing is okay for a while, because it's necessary to let yourself be sad and self pitying and not apologize for it or deny them, but it gets tired. lol
3) Pain eventually subsides. (I learn this one over and over)
4) There's not many things better than ignoring the criticism and listening to your own heart. I finally did and it's been working out for me so far! :)
5) There is a huge difference between guarding your heart and shutting people out, but it's a very fine line between the two. It's much easier to shut people out than it is to carefully let them in...
6) Whatever walls a person puts up CAN be broken down. The right person will know how to.
7) Taking my time to think things through has far greater merits than I ever thought possible.
8) Sometimes, the reality doesn't live up to the idea....it can fall short and burst the perfect bubble you found yourself in... but sometimes, it can surpass anything you ever expected or dreamed of.
9) If a person wants to be in your life, they will find a way to do so.
10) The ones who matter the most are the ones you will never have to explain yourself to.
11) Even in the saddest of situations, there is always something to laugh about.
12) Bollywood dancing is probably the most carefree, enjoyable and infectiously joyous thing I learned to do this year. And it's not so hard!
13) Sephora has an excellent return policy.
14) You can learn something from pretty much anyone. (Including my 2 year old nephew, who has dispensed awesome advice for coping with Jeff's deployment: "don't be sad." LOL)
15)Things really do happen for a reason. Pain and hardships happen to make us stronger and to make the way for better things to come.
16) Life never turns out the way you plan. It turns out way better. :)

I want to think of more, but my old ass is exhausted and can't think any deeper!

I had a great year. Here is to another one! ...another year of learning, laughing, crying, loving, dancing, singing, living, and growing... Let it just keep getting better and better, and let me take the time to drink it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment