Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 295: never say never...

Last day of Jeff's block leave before Afghanistan... :(

Today I think of the surprises life throws at you when you're not looking.

In case you're just joining me here on Day 295, I will let you in on a well-known secret around here (much like the contradiction that I find I am): I started this blog because of heartbreak. I had started the year off just wanting to heal and I thought the best way to do so was to keep busy and remind myself to find the beauty in every single day of the year. It was a single task with lofty goals and it helped to pass each day without making me feel overwhelmed by the loneliness I had felt…

When I think of how the year had started, I never imagined I would be where I am now. I thought that while it would be nice, I would never be as happy as I had been. I thought I would never find the courage to be fearless again. I thought I would never find someone who could understand and care for me as I was and who I would care for in return. I never thought I would find someone worth all the trouble…

But here I am. And there he is. And here we are. Never what I thought, everything I want, more than I could have hoped.

It’s terrifying and wonderful and difficult and amazing all at the same time…:)


Here's hoping this next year apart will go the same way as the past 294 days of this year...quickly!


-- 自分のiPhoneから発送する

No comments:

Post a Comment