Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 63: Never Leave a Banana In Your Backpack...

...and no, that is not a euphemism for anything. I am serious.

So to remind you... on Sunday, I did the MS Climb at Rockefeller Center. (66 flights in 24 minutes was a new record for me!) Well, the NYC Chapter for the MS Society was kind enough to sponsor this event and to support the climbers, they had these breakfast stands where they handed out water and bagels and bananas and potato chips and protein shakes... Well, I took a banana, a bottle of water, and a bag of potato chips... In the midst of taking pictures and finding out my time, and everything, I didn't get a chance to eat, and when it was time to go, I just stuffed everything in my backpack and later went to brunch to celebrate another year of having done the climb.

I completely forgot about the stuff I left in my backpack until I was riding in the car to work yesterday with Rich and he was asking the lady at the McDonald's drive thru if they sold bananas... When I got home, I KNEW I should have cleaned out my backpack, but decided to put it off, meaning, another day for my banana to ripen in my backpack. Oh lordy.

I was going to stage making a face for today's picture where I took the banana out, but it turns out, that the actual reaction I had when I pulled it out for real is much much more interesting and honest. hahahah

...Oh mang, it was disgusting. Well, it wasn't half as bad as I expected (thank goodness it's winter and not summer), but it sure was mushy! And smelled like... mushy banana, which I didn't seem to like too much...

SO...yeah... Never leave a banana in your backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment