Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38: sewing is my indoor snowboarding....

As an overanalytical psych major who has issues falling and staying asleep because her mind races a million miles a minute, there are few activities that grant me a reprieve from the hubbub of my mind... I didn't discover that it was actually possible to stop thinking until I found myself living in the exact moment I was in the day everything clicked and I learned how to slide down a mountain. It was utterly liberating, to find myself only concerned with the matter at hand. So while I was in japan, for a few hours every weekend, I got to shut my brain off and feel like I was floating on air...

I never really found that feeling after I moved away from my mountain town...instead, I was always in some sort of constant chaos...worry, anxiety, deep thoughts... And in the city, there is no snowboarding...

But I discovered that sewing is my indoor snowboarding. When operating the machine, it's all there is. I love it!

Nothing like making something after the end of a long day!!! :)




-- iPhoneから送信

No comments:

Post a Comment